No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Located at only 35 mn by plane from Tahiti, Huahine is not only the nearest Leeward island from Tahiti but also stands among the most preserved islands of the Society archipelago. It receives fewer tourists than Moorea or Bora Bora.
Huahine is divided into two parts – Huahine Nui and Huahine Iti – separated by a narrow channel. The main village is called Fare and welcomes the ferries coming from Tahiti. A few shops, snacks and restaurants are available around the ferry docks.
Lots of secluded white sand beaches all around …. surrounded by wild green vegetation. Even the public beach of Fare is really worth it.
Peaceful, charming… we love it very much !
- Wild and enticing nature
- A mysterious past : the most extensive and best-preserved archaeological remains in French Polynesia : the Maeva sites, the Orohaehae Temple, the “marae”
- Touristic and cultural sites : local arts and crafts
- Water activities : lagoon trips, fauna and underwater flora exploration
- Seclusion and calm
- Cultural discoveries
Activities and Sightseeing
- Circle island tour
- Snorkeling spots
- Maeva archaeological site
- The sacred eels at Faaie
- Splendid gardens
- Lagoons trip
- Sunset cruises
- Deep sea fishing
- Surfing on the best waves in French Polynesia
- Vanilla plantation
Archipelago : SOCIETY ISLANDS
Surface : 29 sq miles
Location : 110 miles northwest of Tahiti
Population : + 6,430
Highest peak :
Turi (2,1950 feet)
Capital city : Fare