(Last updated : May 25th, 2018)
- At e-Tahiti Travel, we attach great importance to the protection of personal data. We commit ourselves to respect the principles enacted by the law 78-17 of January 6, 1978 modified by the law 2004-801 of August 6, 2004 called “Informatique et Libertés”, and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective May 25, 2018.
Who is the Data Controller for your personal data?
- We will keep your personal data while we have legal liabilities in relation to the services we have provided you with, and during 2 (two) years after your contractual relationship with e-Tahiti Travel has ended.
- If you are subscribed to our newsletters, we will keep your email address until you ask to be unsubscribed.
- If you provide us with your contact email address, but then you are unable to finish your booking, we will keep your email address only temporarily and, in any case, for a maximum period of 15 months.
What are the legal grounds for processing your personal data?
- The collection and processing of your personal data is mainly based on the contractual relationship you have with us.
Who are going to be the recipients of your personal data?
- In order to provide you with our services, e-Tahiti Travel needs to communicate your personal data to the Travel Providers involved, in order that they can provide you with the products or services you have requested, i.e. the airline which has to issue your ticket and/or operate your flight, the hotel you have booked, etc.
What are your Data Rights?
Under the General Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of 27 April 2016, on Data Protection (GDPR), the following rights are recognised in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access : you have the right to confirm that your personal data is being processed and, if the case, to get a copy of such data and complete information about the processing.
- Right to rectification : you have the right to amend errors, modify data that may be inaccurate or incomplete and ensure the information which is being processed is right.
- Right to erasure : you have the right to suppress your data without undue delay in the case that the processing is illegal or that the purpose for processing or collecting it has disappeared.
- Right to restriction : you have the right to ask for the suspension of the processing in the case that such processing is illegal or inadequate.
- Right to object : you have the right to object to the processing of your data in the case that the purpose of the processing is direct marketing or that the processing should be stopped for reasons relating to your personal situation, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing them or that the processing is necessary to exercise or defense legal claims.
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decisions : you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affects you, unless that is necessary for the execution of a contract, is permitted by the Law or it is based on your explicit consent.
Based on the nature of our services and the purpose of the collection and the processing of your personal data, the Right to portability is not applicable.
In order to exercise your rights, please, send an email to email@example.com or send your request by post courier to the following address: e-Tahiti Travel / DPO – BP 42692 – Fare Tony – 98713 Papeete – Tahiti – French Polynesia.
In your request, you have to clearly state (i) your personal identity, by indicating your complete name and the email address you used to purchase or create an account, and (ii) the right or rights you are exercising.
The exercise of these rights is free of charge, unless you make unjustified or excessive requests. In this case, we will be entitled to charge you with a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.