Terms and Conditions
(Last updated : January 29th, 2018)
1. Prices published on our website (www.etahititravel.com)
- All prices published on our website (including the total price calculated by EZ Trip Builder) are in Euros and include all taxes (Tourist tax of 5%, VAT of 5% and service charge of 4%), except for a municipal tax (between 0,50 and 1,66 euro / person / night) that needs to be paid directly to your hotel.
- All prices published on our website (including the total price calculated by our Trip Builder) are subject to change according to the USD/Euro exchange rate fluctuation.
- Vacation package rates published on our website are not subject to itemization.
- In all cases, only the total amount as mentioned in the final quote sent to you by travel agent will apply (see §2).
2. Total amount included in final quote (sent to you by e-Tahiti Travel)
- The total amount displayed in your final quote is expressed in Euros and includes all taxes (Tourist tax of 5%, VAT of 5% and service charge of 4%), except for a municipal tax (between 0,50 and 1,66 euros / person / night) that needs to be paid directly to your hotel.
- We will honor that total amount in euros for a maximum of 15 days after its date of emission.
- All quotes are subject to availabilities.
- The total amount displayed in your final quote is not subject to itemization.
- All our quotes are subject to 2% additional fees for payment by American Express.
3. Land transfers
- Except in Tahiti, roundtrip land transfers from island airport (or ferry) to your hotel are automatically included in your package price.
- In Tahiti, land transfers organized by e-Tahiti Travel are operated by South Pacific Tours. In Moorea, transfers are operated by Tora Nui Transport.
- In Tahiti, land transfers organized by e-Tahiti Travel are operated by South Pacific Tours. In Moorea, transfers are operated by Torea Nui Transport.
- Land transfers in Tahiti are optional.
4. Documents / vouchers
- Except for international flights, all travel documents / vouchers will be delivered to you by one of our guides upon your international arrival, at Tahiti Faaa international airport
- For your international flights, e-tickets will be sent to you by email after reception of the total payment of your travel package
5. Reservations / Booking policy
5.1.a General conditions
- For all reservations, a deposit is required to hold your booking. Reception of your deposit will act as a confirmation of your reservation and acceptation of these terms and conditions.
- Availability for all services will be checked before we process any payment.
- For reservations of less than € 1,000 or made less than 45 days before arrival, the full payment of the stay is required at the time of booking.
- For other cases, our agent will inform you of the amount of this deposit.
5.1.b Special conditions
- If your travel package includes a stay in Easter Island, full payment will be requested upon reservation.
- If your travel package includes a cruise, an additional deposit will be requested.
- If your travel package includes a stay at the Brando Tetiaroa, a 20% deposit will be requested upon reservation
- If your travel package includes international flights, a copy of the passport of each traveler has to be given to the travel agent before issuing tickets.
5.2 Balance payment
- Your final payment must be received 45 days or more prior to your arrival in French Polynesia. In case the full payment is not received after we send you a final notice, your trip will be automatically cancelled and the deposit will not be refunded.
- If your travel package includes a stay at the Brando Tetiaroa, full payment of the hotel stay must be received 60 days prior to arrival
6. International flight tickets
- For your international flights (if included in your quote) electronic tickets will be sent by email after receipt of the full deposit of your trip. Once international flights reservation is confirmed, some fees will be charged for any modification or cancellation.
- For any modification and cancellation of your e-tickets, the following charges apply :
- Modification : 145 euros per ticket.
- Annulation : 300 euros per ticket.
Please note that e-tickets are not refunded in case of no-show and without any cancellation made at least 3 hours prior departure.
An exception is made for flights from Los Angeles: 350 euros fees will apply per ticket.
e-Tahiti Travel will not endorse nor be held responsible for all fees and/or commissions charged by your bank and/or credit card company. Please contact them for more information regarding this issue prior to making payment.
By Mastercard or VISA credit cards :
- “Once you agree on the quotation, our staff will check availabilities for each service included in your quote. Then you will receive an email with a link to our secured payment website allowing you to make your payment deposit.
You will receive a second email reminder much later, to settle your payment balance. Please be informed that the balance must be paid at least 45 days before your arrival in Tahiti.”
- Your credit card will be charged in EURO currency using the daily USD or AUD or NZD/EUR exchange rate provided by www.xe.com when making the payment.
By American express :
- For payment by American Express, 2% will be added to your quote (see §2).
- For security purposes, all payments made with an American Express must be accompanied by our Credit Card Authorization form duly completed, that needs to be emailed or faxed to our office at +689 40 83 61 94, along with a photocopy of the credit card’s owner passport and a photocopy of the credit card. Failing to provide these documents will prevent us from charging your credit card.Download our Credit Card Authorization form
- For payment by American Express, your travel agent will check availabilities of all services included in your travel package before the deposit payment.
By bank transfers :
- For payment by bank transfer, please, include your quote number and your name when you order the transfer
- Bank Transfer fees to be paid by client
Banque de Polynésie – 98713 Papeete – Tahiti – Polynésie française
Account name : E-Tahiti Travel
|Bank code||Agency code||Account Number||Key|
|IBAN (International Bank Account Number)|
|BIC (Bank Identifier Code)|
8. Modifications of a confirmed reservation
- In case of additional services, all modifications to a confirmed itinerary will be made at no extra cost other than the prices of these additional services.
- In all other cases (reduction of the stay length, number of persons or itinerary changes), the cancellation general policy described below will apply (see §9).
- Once we have issued your international flight tickets, a fee of 145€ fee will apply for all modification and a 300€ fee per ticket will occur in case of a cancellation. No shows will be fully charged, except for flights from Los Angeles, a fee of 350€ per ticket will be requested.
9. Modification of a reservation by e-Tahiti Travel
Due to possible unavoidable events in general travels and stays, please understand our rules might be subject to exceptions. Should any considerable modifications occur prior to departure, you or any intermediate entity will be contacted and informed by e-mail, fax or phone, by e-Tahiti Travel who will provide:
- An option to cancel your trip without any fee
- A possibility to book an alternative package with e-Tahiti Travel
During your stay, should a service provider of e-Tahiti Travel fail to deliver services confirmed at time of booking, e-Tahiti Travel must:
- Suggest an alternative at no extra-charge
- Refund the total amount of that service if e-Tahiti Travel is not able to provide any alternate services.
10. Cancellation / Refunds
10.1 General conditions
Cancellation fees are applicable from the moment you have confirmed your stay. Any cancellation request should be expressed to e-Tahiti Travel by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax: (+689) 40 83 61 94.
Cancellation date will be based on the date we have received the fax or email and which will trigger e-Tahiti Travel cancellation fees :
For any confirmed booking cancellation, a 300€ e-Tahiti Travel fee per person will apply.
For any issued international flight ticket cancellation, a 300€ Air Tahiti Nui fee per person will apply.
For all other services (accommodation, transfers, activities, inter-island flights …), the cancellation policy of the different providers will be applied.
There will be no possible refund if you decide to cancel your trip 35 days or less, prior to your arrival date.
Once your stay has started, any modification or cancellation fee will be at your charge. In addition, you will not be entitled to any refund if you decide to cancel any services.
- If e-Tahiti Travel is constrained to cancel a trip, in whole or in part, the traveler or the intermediate entity will be informed by fax, email or phone. The total amount for cancelled services will be refunded. The traveler or the intermediate entity will not be entitled to any claim for compensatory damages.
- In case of a trip cancellation, in any case, insurance cannot be refunded. Processing of a reimbursement can take until 4 weeks.
- Airline companies here are bound by the Warsaw convention, extended to French Polynesia, just like its modern version, the Montréal convention (flight from Papeete to Auckland). The Montréal convention only applies for transportation between member countries. It does not apply to Air Tahiti group and other locally based airline companies. French Polynesia is not part of the European Union.
- European Union laws do not apply to airline companies based in French Polynesia, except for flights departing from a country which is a member of the European Union. The Air Tahiti Nui airline is bound to European laws only regarding flights departing from Paris.
Domestic flights, operating inside French Polynesia are only bound to the Warsaw International Convention.
- Delayed Flights, According to the article n°19, modified by the La Haye protocol, states that “the transporter is responsible for a damage caused by a delay in air transportation of travelers, luggage and merchandise”, but the transporter cannot be judged accountable if he can prove, he and his partners, used all necessary measures possible to avoid the damages, or if he can prove it was impossible for him or his partners to take these measures.
- Cancelled Flights, the Warsaw Convention does not administer any disposition in case of a cancelled fight. It is left to the airline’s discretion and not the agency, to compensate the customer.
- Delays or flight cancellations are liabilities of the Airlines, not the agency. In case of a claim, we will invite you to contact the transporter.
10.2 Special conditions
Specific cancellation policy (notified upon reservation) apply in the following cases :
- If your reservation includes a Cruise
- If your reservation includes a stay in Easter island (the stay can be amended but not refunded)
- For all other services (accommodation, transfers, activities, inter-island flights …), the cancellation policy of the different providers will be applied.
11. Travel insurance
We stronlgy recommend you to purchase a trip insurance.
12. Baggage allowance with Air Tahiti (inter-island flights)
a) In cabin baggage allowance
Each boarding passenger is allowed a single 45x35x20cm (18x14x8in) carry-on weighing at the most 5kg (11lbs). This baggage remains strictly under the passenger’s responsibility during the entire flight. Cabin baggage exceeding weight or quantity allowance will be checked-in.
b) Check-in baggage allowance
- The size of the check-in baggage is limited to: LENGTH + WIDTH + HEIGHT less than 150cm (59in) wheels and handles included.
- Passengers connecting with an international flight (tourists, non-residents) benefit from a 23 kg baggage allowance on presentation of their international ticket.
- Excess baggage will only be accepted according to availability and will be subject to the existing rates.
- Single baggage weighing over 25kg (55lbs) will not be accepted at check-in and must be presented to freight.
- Scuba divers travelling in ATR aircraft are given an additional baggage allowance of 5kg (11lbs) for carrying diving equipment only, upon presentation of proper justification (professional card or dive club certificate).
- Babies do not have a luggage allowance.
- Due to failures reported by Samsung regarding its Galaxy Note 7 mobile phones and on the recommendation of the International Aviation Administration, the transport of this type of phone is strictly prohibited in carry-on baggage, checked baggage as well as cargo. In case the customer owns this type of phone, he will have to make the necessary arrangements to dispose his phone, as it cannot be taken care of by Air Tahiti.If he is unable to do so, the owner will not be allowed to check-in or board, and will be rescheduled on a different flight (depending of the availability and conditions corresponding to the price of the ticket) from the moment that he finds a solution. Furthermore, Air Tahiti agents may request the opening of luggage to check their contents.
13. Baggage allowance with Air Tahiti Nui (international flights)
a) In cabin baggage allowance
- Each boarding passenger is allowed a single 115 cm / 45 in carry-on weighing at the most 10 Kg / 22 lbs.
- In addition to your cabin baggage allowance, one personal item (3kg max) may be carried in the cabin including one of the following: Handbag/pocket book, small camera case, infant bag or baby food, and laptop computer with case.
- Infants are allowed to have one bag of 3kg for their food and necessities.
- Assistive devices such as walking sticks, canes or crutches are also permitted, provided they can be safely stowed onboard.
b) Check-in baggage allowance
- The size of the check-in baggage is limited to: LENGTH + WIDTH + HEIGHT less than 158cm (62in) in total outside dimensions per piece.
- Passengers travelling in Moana Economy class are allowed to travel with 1 piece of luggage – max 23 Kg / 50 lbs.
- Passengers travelling in Poerava Business class are allowed to travel with 2 pieces of luggage – max 32 Kg / 70 lbs.
- Infant (0-23 months old) travelling in all classes are allowed to travel with 1 piece + 1 folding stroller – max 10 Kg / 22 lbs.
- For the safety of all, and following the emergency order issued by the U.S. DOT together with the Federal Aviation Administration and Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Air Tahiti Nui bans all SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 7 smartphone devices from its airplanes. Individuals who own or possess a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 7 device may not transport the device on their person, in carry-on baggage, or in checked baggage on Air Tahiti Nui flights. The phones also may not be shipped as air cargo. The DOT’s entire news release is available here
14. Passenger responsibility
- All travelers are required to carry a valid passport with an expiration date of at least 6 months after the scheduled returning date.
- Regulations require that all visa free travelers, including children, entering the United States under the Visa Waiver Program must be in possession of individual machine-readable passports.
- Non US citizens may need a VISA to transit in the USA and must check if in the past years he has not stayed in a black-listed country by the US administration. Please, checkhttp:/travel.state.gov/ before departure.
- eTahiti Travel nor the air carrier can be held responsible for costs, expenses, or damages actual or consequential, resulting from the failure to obtain a valid passport and/or visa as required by the law of French Polynesia and France, or for the refusal of French authorities to admit the passenger to the French Polynesia territory for any reason whatsoever.
- eTahiti Travel nor the air carrier can be held responsible for missed international departure flight due to passenger failure to show on time at the airport.
- Following new airline regulations, all electronic devices must be fully charged before boarding international flights to Tahiti or Paris that transit through Los Angeles. Uncharged electronics devices, that cannot be turned on will not be allowed on planes bound for the United States.
15.1 Limitation of eTahiti Travel responsibility
E-Tahiti Travel is a Tahiti-based licensed travel agent and tour operator licenced (n°0029/MTE dated 7 March 2007) by the government of French Polynesia under law n°87-138 AT dated 23 December 1987, under application of amendment n°80CM dated 28 January 1988.
E-Tahiti Travel holds professional indemnity insurance cover through Gras Savoye Tahiti Nui Assurances, Papeete, Tahiti. Whilst our company carefully designs and delivers a range of tailored vacations, etahititravel.com is neither an air carrier, nor a land transport operator, nor an accommodation provider, nor an excursion, event or activity contractor. etahititravel.com acts only as an intermediary service and aggregator of the product from the companies providing these services.
The services that we supply consist solely of designing, arranging and coordinating travel, activity, events, and accommodation products and services. This involves making reservations, issuing the appropriate tickets and vouchers to, and behalf of, clients for the provision of products and services provided by various suppliers and partners.
We undertake to undertake and perform these services with reasonable care and skill. However, in the event that we do not meet that undertaking, and to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including liability for negligence) that may arise in connection with our performance of these services.
The standards presented for the accommodation and other services are based on various factors, and should be treated as a guide only etahititravel.com makes no representation or warranty whatsoever as to the provision of any service of which we are not the product or service supplier.
etahititravel.com cannot and does not accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of any product or service supplier in connection with your vacation arrangements pursuant to a contract between them and you (which may be evidenced in writing by the issue of a ticket, voucher, coupon or any such other document electronic or physical alike) and over whom we have no direct or exclusive control.
Where for any reason, a product or service supplier is unable to provide any particular product or service, then that product or service supplier may be entitled, under the terms of its contract with us, to substitute comparable or equivalent facilities or services without incurring any liability to you.
15.2 Force majeure
etahititravel.com will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond our control including, but not limited to terrorism, war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, pandemics, epidemics, acts of God, acts of Government or any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
16. Limitation of liability
If we are liable for any loss or damage arising in connection with our offer or supply of services to you, and by law that liability cannot be excluded, our liability will be limited to the supply of the product or services to you again or payment of the cost of supplying the product or services to you again.
The information, software, products, and services published on this website may include inaccuracies or errors, including pricing errors. We do not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaim all liability for any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information and description of the hotel, air, cruise, car and other travel products displayed on this website (including, without limitation, the pricing, photographs, list of hotel amenities, general product descriptions, etc.), much of which information is provided by the respective suppliers. In addition, we expressly reserve the right to correct any pricing errors on our website and/or on pending reservations made under an incorrect price. In such event, we will offer you the opportunity to keep your pending reservation at the correct price or, at your option, we will cancel your reservation without penalty.
We make no representations about the suitability of the information, software, products, and services contained on this website for any purpose, and the inclusion or offering of any products or services on this website does not constitute any endorsement or recommendation of such products or services by us. All such information, software, products, and services are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. We disclaim all warranties and conditions that this website, its servers or any email sent from us, are free of viruses or other harmful components. We hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, and services, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and no infringement.
The carriers, hotels and other suppliers providing travel or other services on this website are independent contractors and not agents or employees of etahititravel.com. We are not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting therefrom. We have no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or other causes beyond their direct control, and they have no responsibility for any additional expense, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.
17. Protection of funds
e-Tahiti Travel is registered with the Service of Tourism as a travel agency under Licence # 0018 issued by the Ministry of Tourism of French Polynesia. As such, all customer deposits are secured in a e-Tahiti Travel Trust Account.
18. Resolution of disputes
Any controversy or claim related to a eTahiti Travel tour shall be resolved by the Court of Papeete – Tahiti.